Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Well Oiled Machine

Disclaimer: Nothing in the following post is intended to mean that I think or am implying any of the following:
1) That Dacus Baptist Church is perfect.
2) That I have achieved any success in leading the church or that if the church has accomplished anything worthwhile that I had anything to do with it.
3) That there was an additional shooter on the grassy knoll.

I will be attending a special Men's Ministry event at our church building tonight. I had nothing to do with the planning of the event (as I have not had anything to do planning wise with any regularly scheduled or special men's event in more than a year). I can count on one finger the number of times I have been on a hospital visit in the past year and I have been the first member of our church to be there. Our Youth and Children's Ministry is exploding and other than looking at the background checks I can't remember who all is doing what as a part of that ministry.

In Ephesians 4:1 Paul tells us to "Walk in a manner worthy of our calling..." Last time I checked we are all called as Christians to be ministers and to be obedient to the Father's will. Sometimes the Pastor should just get out of the way and let the people do what they are called to do! I have told our people that they do not need my permission to minister. I would much rather deal with the problems of someone getting a little too carried away or going over the line than to deal with a dead church sucking the joy out of life and getting on my last nerve. As Hannibal used to say on The A-Team, "I love it when a plan comes together!"

No comments: