Thursday, January 01, 2009

Welcome 2009

I guess I am glad 2008 has finally come to an end. There were some exciting changes for us but also a few really big bummers.

The biggest change came in the area of my work. I am now the Market Sales Manager for Houston. It sounds a lot more impressive than it really is but it is definitely a step in the right direction. I am really enjoying leading others and coaching them toward success.

Robin's ministry is going well. I even get to get in on the fun with a cruise in April where we will do a "He Says, She Says" marriage session!

Several sad moments happenned along the way. We lost Robin's Grandmother Strickland and her Uncle Junior Mize. I delivered my resignation at Dacus Church early in December and we will be leaving at the end of January. A volatile and down stock market along the way did not help though it pales in comparison to the other events.

Fun was had with trips to Gulf Shores AL and San Antonio/New Braunfels. Not quite the Yellowstone and Florida trips of last year but fun nevertheless.

2009 looks like sunrise right now. Between my new role at the firm and a new ministry venture there is a fearful excitement. The prospect of a transfer for Jonathan to University of Mobile also exists.

We never know what is around the corner but we do know we serve a God who is faithful and has been there before.

Blessings to all!

No comments: